It's hard to believe how much has changed over the course of 2013. I have learned many lessons both from good and bad situations. In December of 2012, I had just graduated college. In December of 2013 I had been at my new job for almost nine months (a job that I am extremely thankful for and absolutely love).
Lessons from 2013:
1. Treat hunting for a job like it's your job.
2. Don't be afraid to ask for help, it's better to be embarrassed initially than look like a fool later.
3. No matter where you work there will always be office politics, learn them!
4. Enjoy the small things in life. Nightlife is overrated and hangovers are not fun.
5. Running is therapeutic, it may be difficult at first but it is well worth it in the end.
6. Trends will come and go. Stick to the classics, they will never fail you.
7. Learn to be your own best friend, once you are happy with yourself all other relationships will follow.
8. Drink more tea, especially green tea.
My goals for 2014 include:
// creating a better work-life balance //
// start to really house hunt in March (not just browse online) //
// run more - it's been difficult when it's dark so early //
// be more organized, I'm always so frantic in the mornings //
// blog more //
Here is to a new chapter in the book of life!
What are some of your goals for 2014?