Hello ladies! Today's post is something I am really excited about, it'a all about my hair color! I have received some questions about the color/colors I get in my hair and honestly I really didn't know what colors I get. I pretty much just let my stylist know what I want and because she is a rockstar, she gives it to me. A few weeks ago I asked her if she could give me some insight to what she does at my appointments. Hopefully this helps those of you who had questions, a lot of this I don't fully understand, but any hairstylist should understand this lingo.
Natural Base Color: 7na
Formula A: Aloxxi ulta lift bleach 20vol
Formula B: Aloxxi 7b 10vol
Formula C: Aloxxi 10v 7vol
1. Starting at front (since client likes more blonde around face and first sections means more time to sit, but still needs to be applied at decent rate) Applying Formula A: I alternate with foils using weaved and sliced sections, make sure that foils are close together, about 1/4' apart. I do that until I'm about 2 inches from front hairline.
2. I continue to proceed to the sides with Formula A, placement of foils on sides should be diagonal slices going away from face. Also 1/4' apart.
3. After I finish front and sides I continue with the rest of head from whatever side I did last. Alternate Formula A and Formula B with weaves and slices. I place two thicker panels on mid-side of Formula B, hair appears fully with a dark chunks if placed correctly and really pops with all that blonde surrounding it! Gorgeous combo. I keep my placements on everything at a diagonal angle about 1/2' apart until I'm at the top side of head then I proceed to start lining up almost vertically only to continue with a diagonal placements down other side.
4. Process under light heat for 10 minutes with 5 minute cool down. Blonde should be lightest yellow.
5. Rinse and towel dry.
6. Apply Formula C all over and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Just enough time to get that icey blonde and re-tone old color.
We usually switch from full to partial highlight. Every other time I will add a few very THIN weaves up in the front two inches and sides with Formula B. That way the blonde doesn't completely wash her out but also to keep some kind of faint dimension.
STYLING: I use UNITES 7seconds allover, great as a de-tangeler and heat protectant for all hair types! Then I mix UNITES Lazer straight with UNITES Boing or Elevate Mousse for a full bodied look yet still defined with no fly aways! Finish with UNITE Texturiza Spray!
Color Line: ALOXXI
Product Line: UNITE
Stylist: Christin Roslund
Salon: Salon Brio (short drive from downtown Denver)